UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 132662  
Subject: Re: Juan Williams Date: 10/4/2012 8:59 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I expect, perhaps, a different 0bama. Not sure about a better one. He wasn't really bad this time (e.g., no huge mistakes), just somewhat weak in spots.

Obama was what Romney needed him to be, Obama.

He was not bad, he was a self absorbed technocrat.

I do think he will be better--of as you intone, far more engaged Obama. He got a very rude SO WHAT regarding him being the President. He did not seem prepared for that.

People want to forget, Obama has been a rhetorical disaster for a good long time. Never terrible, just never any good. He has not given a non-disappointing speech in a very long time.

This debate could only have been better for Romney had Obama said I am dropping from the race. Obama reinforced what folks have been driving as his negatives, unprepared /distracted, he made folks question his strengths --where was that famous intellect and rhetorical skill?

For Romney? Where again was that uncaring gaff machine that cared about nothing but the rich?

This all operated at the core of what was Obama's campaign to date. It likely largely undermined months of negative advertising in one night.

As a bonus, Romney threw not red-meat, but a well seasoned medium-rare filet to conservatives. He hit all the concepts that they would want. Not that every policy is perfect but his core philosophy as espoused? Perfect to fire up his base.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Tax Strategies

TMFPMarti-Feeling Good
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement