Just wanted to let you all know........

I am sitting here watching Jeopardy

IT'S KIDS WEEK!

These kids are smarter than I am!!

Just needed to vent.............

I am totally brain dead according to these
kids (I think the oldest is 12)!

I am worm fodder!

I think I will go back to bed now and cover my head!

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest!

Please continue!

Jeff
currently fighting a nasty sinus infection
bad headache
frowny face
and these smarty-pants-poopy-faced-adolescents on the TV --- but I am not bitter!!!
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
hotfool, do not be bitter. I know you say you're not, but mean it anyhow, sorta.

I have been encouraged (implicitly) by TeraGram not to be ashamed of my astounding wonderfulness.

In 1966, I was on a TV quiz show sort of like GE College Bowl, but for high school. We did well the previous season, so we were invited to play a game to open the new season against some all stars. They were the Mayor of Toronto, a well-known polymath on the CBC, another TV personality who was a movie buff, and a society columnist.

These people all had significant accomplishments, but they ran into some teenagers with fast thumbs, and we cleaned their clocks. The Mayor lost big in the next election.

hotfool, once you can acknowledge that it's OK to be thumped by someone THAT much younger than you, you are on the way to becoming a grown-up. My journey in that direction is littered with swerves off the road, but I think I am getting there.
No. of Recommendations: 3
We used to watch Jeopardy all the time when I was preparing to be a contestant. We still have it on from time to time while we prepare dinner. My wife was listening to Jeopardy in the kitchen and was pleased that she got the Final Jeopardy question. Then she came in from the kitchen and saw the age of the contestants.
Bummer!

I only wish they had these young people's tournaments when I was that age. A friend of mine and I were thinking about going down to New York City to try to get on Jeopardy the summer between high school and college. Unfortunately the minimum age at the time was 18, so we were out of luck.

Kaigun Chusa
hotfool, once you can acknowledge that it's OK to be thumped by someone THAT much younger than you, you are on the way to becoming a grown-up>>>>>>

JABoa,

I just thought I wouldn't begin to lose my mind at the ripe YOUNG AGE of 35! -- (And no comments from the peanut gallery -- that includes you Raggmopp!)

I still think that they are smarty-warty-fartyheads!!
Naaahhhh!!!

Jeff

ps -- the winner tonight won 12K and was 10 years old

pps --ROFLMAO!
No. of Recommendations: 2
I am totally brain dead according to these kids (I think the oldest is 12)!

That's what happens when you drink Pepsi.

..IF
>>once you can acknowledge that it's OK to be thumped by someone THAT much younger
than you, you are on the way to becoming a grown-up. My journey in that direction is littered
with swerves off the road, but I think I am getting there. >>

JABoa,

Are you saying that you couldn't do it again? Now that you're at this advanced age, and all, that is. . . . :)

mys <evil g> P.S. Hotfool, your sis sends you a virtual cup of tea and a virtual hand-crocheted afghan to snuggle under with your teddy bear. . . . Feel better soon!
Hotfool, your sis sends you a virtual cup of tea and a virtual hand-crocheted afghan to snuggle under with your teddy bear. . . . Feel better soon!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

To all...

To add insult to injury, woke up at 3 am itching and broke out in a rash from my antibiotic.....

Went to ER (where I work) - did I get any compassion, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! But got a lot of giggles and fingers pointed at me!!

I am off to bed again to sleep off rest of Benedryl they gave me this morning!

Jeff

ps -- mys, thanks for the tea and blanky!
<<To add insult to injury, woke up at 3 am itching and broke out in a rash from my antibiotic..... >>

In the words of people from Boulder, What's up with your karma ?

It may be time for you to start chanting and/or lighting candles. Anyway, hope you feel better and look normal soon.

Jacki
What's up with your karma ?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Jacki,

ROFL (and hacking and coughing)

Thanks, I needed that!

Jeff
still looking like a steamed lobster
but not itching!!

These people all had significant accomplishments, but they ran into some teenagers with fast thumbs, and we cleaned their clocks. The Mayor lost big in the next election.

hotfool, once you can acknowledge that it's OK to be thumped by someone THAT much younger than you, you are on the way to becoming a grown-up. My journey in that direction is littered with swerves off the road, but I think I am getting there.

Jim,

I want you to know that I am honored to cross posts with the fastest thumbs on the internet.

I think it's really thumbthing! ;)

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba
We used to watch Jeopardy all the time when I was preparing to be a contestant. We still have it on from time to time while we prepare dinner. My wife was listening to Jeopardy in the kitchen and was pleased that she got the Final Jeopardy question. Then she came in from the kitchen and saw the age of the contestants.

Hi Kaigun!

Wait a sec....preparing to be a contestant? Were you one?

You've got to give us a full account!

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba
I still think that they are smarty-warty-fartyheads!!

They all may very well be. But I'd bet not a one of them has a powerful "Uncle Jeffie" to come to the rescue and right the wrongs done by the evil empire. : )

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba
Went to ER (where I work) - did I get any compassion, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! But got a lot of giggles and fingers pointed at me!!

Pooooor Jeff!

But kidoo, you forgot to mention that these people do the same thing to you even when you don't have a rash.

<chuckle!>

Meanwhile, an official Fool backscratcher is being emailed to you to help with the itching. ;)

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba
Meanwhile, an official Fool backscratcher is being emailed to you to help with the itching. ;)

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba

Tony!!!

Shame on you! You should know better than to scratch a rash!!!

But you know something? I have this terrible itch right in the middle of my back I can never reach, can I get an official back scratcher or should I just come to LI to collect one?

ROFL!

Deannda
::better watch out, Cheeze is running for President on his board,hum, wonder who started that one?::
Tony!!!

Shame on you! You should know better than to scratch a rash!!!

But Deannda...if we keep the rash going for Jeff, that would mean he'd be able to stay home longer to play with us here. ;)

But you know something? I have this terrible itch right in the middle of my back I can never reach, can I get an official back scratcher or should I just come to LI to collect one?

LOL! Deannda, we might be onto something here. Imagine a back scratcher with a jester head as the handle? We should be telling FoolMart to make these, huh?

::better watch out, Cheeze is running for President on his board,hum, wonder who started that one?::

Well, I guess he wouldn't be the first cheezey prez we ever had. ;)

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba
But I'd bet not a one of them has a powerful "Uncle Jeffie" to come to the rescue and right the wrongs done by the evil empire. : )
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT!!

Jeff
still typing with a plugged up head!!
Advertisement