Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I felt that Salsa (even mild and used sparingly) would overwhelm the wonderful salmon flavor.

While I can see how you may come to that conclusion without trying it, considering how strong and salty many store-bought salsas are, I have found that a good, mild salsa fresca subtley accentuates the rich salmon flavor. Its lime-base sets up the salmon just as a lemon does, and the rest of the ingredients intermingle in the background, adding tropical accents and a clarity of palate complementing the rich fullness of the salmon. Everyone we have made it for has commented on its excellence. One of our friends originally made this for us (with a luscious mango), and we raved over it; before that time we had done primarily the lemon thing, but now we do that only occasionally. As a person that has tried salmon both ways, I heartily recommend giving it a try, if you ever desire a change of pace from the traditional lemon squeeze of the salmon purist, which certainly is a fine way to go and even simpler to prepare. However, you can always put the salsa on the side as a relish, and it's no fat plus it provides a good assortment of nutritious veggies&fruit to go with the meal.

I happened to run aross this site today:

http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~salmon/salmon-recipes.html

Happy salmon eating tonight!

Joe
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement