Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I foolishly bought shares of EXDS (Exodus) a few years ago, the company has now declared bankruptcy. I'd like to claim a tax loss on this. However, I can't sell my shares anymore.

Is it possible for me to claim a loss? Where can I read up on this?

According to the Pink Sheets( Exodus is being traded for 12 1/2 cents a share under the symbol EXDSQ, so there is a market fir your shares. Your broker should be willing to sell the stock for you so you can claim the loss.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.