No. of Recommendations: 0
(I, for one, always found it odd that Windows insists on listing folders first, rather than showing them in alphabetical order with the files.)

If you could explain how you benefit by having folders listed first, then perhaps we can suggest an alternative method of achieving the same benefit using the Finder.

For one thing, it's what I am used to.

IMO folders are the corner stone to organization. Do you want your Doctors office having your files loose or in a folder?

I have folders for various prospects, clients, properties..etc. Since I access them more often I need them up top. I know you can organize by kind but that affects to loose files I have under the folders.

I have spoken with quite a few Mac people (Apple Store, Apple Care and others I encounter) and they all agree that the Windows file system is a better organized. As I said, it is the ONE and ONLY part of the conversion I am struggling with.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement