Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
I found that exercising at the gym was not enough. I made a very conscious decision to become an active person and not restrict my exercise to the gym.

I agree with this notion. One of the things that Weight Watchers emphasizes is that *all* activity is good for you. Therefore, you get WW points credit for any physical activity (light walking or more) over certain minimum time limits. So, anything you do that takes a reasonable amount of time contributes to your exercise goals. Thinking in terms of activity rather than exercise may change your attitude a bit.

When at the grocery, shop with some vigor. Same with house cleaning or anything that you may spend more than 20 continual minutes doing on your feet. You just put a little bit more physical intensity into what you are normally doing, it is helping with your goals.

And, start walking to more places that you might formerly drive to.

For instance, this past few weeks I've been in Park City writing (getting away from my continual internet connection and other household distractions). I walked to the library twice a day to check email and surf a short while. That walk was about 12 minutes down and 15 minutes back (uphill back). Do that 4 times a day and suddenly it is exercise! I know it helped contribute to my 2.2 pound loss last week!

Paul
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement