UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Kazim Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 25060  
Subject: Re: Suggestion Date: 2/26/2001 5:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
I get lost sometimes when reading posts that are replying to another without a clue as to who they are responding to or what.
Could we agree to put the number of the post we are replying to somewhere so 'I' for one can go back and find it faster?

Becky, the MF boards are pretty well designed. There are two things you can do as the reader to sort this out.

1. Above the post, there are two labels, "threaded" and "unthreaded". If you click "threaded", the posts will be sorted by what original message they come after.

2. When you read this message, you will notice that the title is "Re: Suggestion", and the word "Suggestion" is a link. If you click on that link (and, in general, click the part after the "Re:"), you will jump back to the post that I'm replying to (yours, in this case). This can help you trace a thread backwards and see what people are responding to.

There is also something you can do to help when you write new posts. Rather than go back and look up the number of the post you are answering, copy and paste the important parts of the previous post into yours, like I have done here with your message. If you know HTML, you can make the old post italic or bold, or you can set off the text with brackets like this.

Kazim wrote:
<<Becky, the MF boards are pretty well designed. There are two things you can do as the reader to sort this out.

1. Above the post, there are two labels, "threaded" and "unthreaded". If you click "threaded", the posts will be sorted by what original message they come after.>>

Wow, Kazim, I didn't know that! Thanks!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Apple

Wal-Mart Nixes Apple Pay
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement