Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Kazim Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1117  
Subject: I got a silver wossname Date: 10/16/2007 5:52 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Congratulations, adventurer! You've managed to get both sides to wipe each other out. No more stinky incense or sleazy pick-up lines, and you've also created a poignant metaphor of the futility of war. Don't worry, we're sure that last bit was an accident.

Here you go -- you're now a decorated war hero. Don't let it go to your head.
You acquire an item: Order of the Silver Wossname

If you want to see what I had to go through:
http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Wossname

Couldn't have pulled it off without using KoLMafia to fight most of those 248 turns on the battlefield for me. Also, it was handy to get a bunch of extra food turns from the Feast of Boris.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: cattleman22 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1104 of 1117
Subject: Re: I got a silver wossname Date: 10/17/2007 8:28 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I was looking into adding Kol mafia in order to better navigate the Louvre. How do you like using it?

c

Author: Kazim Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1106 of 1117
Subject: Re: I got a silver wossname Date: 10/17/2007 12:07 PM
I was looking into adding Kol mafia in order to better navigate the Louvre. How do you like using it?

I love it. Been using it for a long time. I think we had this discussion about a year ago, and I warned that KoLMafia had occasionally screwed me over by doing something incredibly stupid, like wasting all my money with repeated shore vacations or something.

While I can't want to discount the possibility of that happening every once in a while, I will say that KM is an open source program with a lot of people fixing it, and it has matured a lot. I can't remember the last time something really bad happens -- the worst I can recall is that I wasted a few extra adventures after forgetting to enter a stopping condition, or it decided to buy an MP restorer that was unnecessarily expensive when there were better options available.

Also, KM is really useful even if you never use it to automate your turns. It interacts with your browser by adding links like "Restore HP", "Restore MP", "remove this effect", "recast my buffs", and "use item" (which you can click immediately when you acquire something like a warm subject certificate, without going to your inventory screen). It also highlights items that are probably useless and worth selling immediately, and in one click you can send a bunch of items to your mall store or autosell them. It also has a very nice food and drink menu, which indicate which items you are currently able to create and how many turns/stats they would give you.

I usually don't use Mafia to spend turns for me, but at the end of a run it can be nice to just put on all my +meat gear, point it to the giant castle, and burn through the last 100 turns before ascending. Also good for tedious quests like the pyramid wheel, where you can just instruct it to adventure in the middle chamber until 20 turns have elapsed or 4 choice adventures have been encountered, whichever comes first.

Author: cattleman22 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1107 of 1117
Subject: Re: I got a silver wossname Date: 10/17/2007 4:30 PM
How do you find scripts to add or get Kol mafia to count kills in the island quest?

c

Author: Kazim Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1108 of 1117
Subject: Re: I got a silver wossname Date: 10/17/2007 5:41 PM
How do you find scripts to add or get Kol mafia to count kills in the island quest?

There's no script... I automated most of it and did the last few turns manually.

Basically the wiki says you have to do battlefield, quest, battlefield, quest, battlefield, quest on each side, then do 124 turns per side on the battlefield to get the enemy count down to one.

I didn't trust the counting, so I did 115 turns through mafia, then ran the remaining turns one at a time. After each turn, I checked the battlefield graphic. People have reported than when you are on the right number, the graphic will display exactly one standing figure, and the image name ends in 31. So once I got the image to 30, I did a battlefield turn and then checked the image name (right click + save image name + paste in an editor).

It probably took a few extra turns also, because some of my encounters were with Boris day monsters. But Mafia logs which encounters you've received, and it wasn't more than five or so of those.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement