Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I gotta say, it kinda cheered me to know that we all shared similar experiences (I kinda figure ALL cyclists who clip themselves in eventually find themselves prostrate on the ground...still clipped in).

You'll chuckle to know, Vivienne, that I, too, once tumbled from my Spin bike whilst teaching a class. Call it a case of irrational exuberance. Thing is, the way we had the room set up, I was stationed on a platform raised two feet from the ground (facing the entire class). I didn't just fall off the bike, I tumbled off the platform, too. No one woulda believed I actually meant to do that.

Yes, indeedy, B and Bob, we all gots our stories. I tumble often enough just trying to mount my bike. My right hip is so corroded that it's an adventure every time I try to sling my leg up and over just trying to mount the bike. Then come the unexpected stops that either leave me freaked out when the rear wheel rises some three feet off the ground when I slam on the brakes, or I fall sideways whilst trying to unclip on the WRONG side. Comic relief comes with the territory.

I don't mind losing patches of skin. I consider them "badges of honor." I wasn't all too happy, though, when I bruised three ribs and fractured one earlier this past year (I hate that it hurts whenever I laugh). I really get distraught when I damage the bike.

Loved the Dara skit. So true, so true.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement