Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: irasmilo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121599  
Subject: Re: Can't E-File Taxes on TurboTax Date: 4/17/2009 1:14 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I guess I can't e-file TT and will have to do paper. The previous year's AGI I used was apparently wrong and the application was rejected. so I called the IRS and got the figure they had (after answering many questions to establish that I wasn't a fraud.). So I correct the AGI figure in TT but get a message again that the submission is rejected. I called the IRS again to verify the AGI they have. It was the same. So I tried submitting again. I get an immediate response that the submission is rejected. so apparently in TT you get one shot to get the AGI correct, though they don't tell you this.

No, you can resubmit until you get an acceptance... but it isn't as simple as that. Intuit has to do a reset on the rejected return so that it isn't rejected again as a duplicate submission. You also have to run through all of the error checks and efile conversion steps. Even having done all that, there could still be a glitch or two that needs to be dealt with.

TT is totally unresponsive. They have an automatic feature to ask questions to (Ask what's her name), but in the end "she" just referred me to their board of TT users. Questions such as mine went unansewered. There is no further recourse as they do not accept telephone calls.

I can't speak for product support of their consumer products as I use their ProSeries product, but you might have more success getting a question answered now (since the big rush is over) than you would have a few days ago.

Ira

The second lady I talked to at the IRS said that mine was the second call she had on this topic.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Disclaimer:
In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement