UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: nutsandbolts Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 24252  
Subject: Re: Caution--Ally Bank Making "Mistakes&quo Date: 2/17/2012 8:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
I had a situation with ALLY that I wish to share with you.

Quite some time ago I purchased a 5 yr CD at ALLY and due to a post on this board I also placed $100.00 in a checking account. Naturally, I filled out the forms and among them was a question asking: What was the name of the company where you held your first job? I did not know at the time how critical, knowing this answer, would be for me.

A while back I tried to look at my account for I was expecting a 1099 and this one item was all I needed to submit my taxes. After 3 tries I was locked out. I called and when I tried with the employee on the line...I was not able to get into MY account. He ask me to call the next day, they could help me. OK, no problem.

I tried for 4 days....NO ONE could help me, I answered every question correctly but I would still be locked out and employees cannot override the computer.....which is where the password question is located.

I was a Registered Nurse and when I passes state boards, and I stayed on to work there for a while. My question was "is a hospital considered a company?" they did not know. Back when I graduated it was not....what ever price they requested for a service...MEDICARE and INSURANCE Co.'s paid...no questions ask. I did not know what I had given for the answer.

TODAY...I had it!!!!! "Look, you have MY money and you are telling me over a period of these last 4 days, that I cannot get to it unless I knew the answer...which I do not know. NOW, please give me the phone number of the president or another executive so that I may access MY ACCOUNT, or will I have to go to the expense of obtaining a lawyer to be able to get MY money. After a 2 hour conversation and dealing with 4 different personnel and I answered every question correctly, they agreed to allow me to cancel my account and returned every cent minus , of course the 60 day interest which is in the policy and I knew about it.

It is clearly my fault for not remembering what I had given as an answer. So, remember my bad experience and when you give answers that are on forms WRITE THEM DOWN.

My suggestion to any company would be: have a few alternate questions in case this kind of issue occurs. Although it was my error for not writing it down....they still lost a customer.

One bit of humor:(I almost laughed out loud)...
Ques: what year were you born? I gave the correct answer quickly.
IMMEDIATELY next Ques: how old are you today? I gave the answer as rapidly as she did when she ask the ques. (questioning a senility or mental problem) lol

What an ordeal. It is prudent to learn from other persons mistakes for you may avoid one of your own.

Brooks
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement