No. of Recommendations: 1
I had an individual account with Scottrade for a number of years. Then several years later converted the account to be in the name of our trust. I don't recall any problems with the conversion.
If you do need to transfer the account I suggest you contact the new broker telling them what you want to do and they should be able to take care of any details. There may be an account closure fee charged by Sharebuilder. You should tell the new broker what your intentions are but they may suggest you make the transfer as an individual account and then convert it to trust as a second step.
The Discount Brokers board may have additional guidance regarding what brokers will accept a trust account.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.