Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 80
I had been thinking about making the same post.

I am unsure about which is most impressive:

1. Jim's remarkable knowledge breadth and depth.
That includes non-financial information which he cleverly integrates in his posts.

2. Writing skills
He has an unique ability in his phrasing which i find witty and entertaining.
I'm sure this is not lost on others.

3. Unflinching civility
Time and time again various poseurs appear and puff their chests about their investing
prowess and beliefs. Jim maintains a wonderfully balanced perspective on investing, markets
and history that he unselfishly shares with us. Despite repeated provocation over the years
he has maintained a remarkably polite and patient approach with those less informed and less experienced. His tolerance of some of those posters is beyond me.

My biggest fear is that one day he is not here to guide/counsel/reassure/advise us.

Thank you Jim and know that you are appreciated.

Mike
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement