UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: ed1007 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308474  
Subject: Re: Impressed with AMEX fraud protection Date: 1/23/2013 1:13 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I had for several years a AMEX platinum. (I did it for airport club access and other perks that, at the time were worth the yearly fee.) During those years I purchased an item with a lifetime warranty, upgraded to that because of the card but handled by the seller.

Years later, after I had traded in the platinum card for an AMEX blue card, I needed to take up the merchant on the warranty. I called expected a big hassle. The merchant provided an address to send the item, which I did with some trepidation. I fully expected a phone call or letter stating in effect no card no service. In stead after ~2 weeks I got a phone call from AMEX. The merchant had contacted them about the warranty the REOPENED my Platnium card to credit the full purchase price and were calling to find out what I wanted to do with the balance. In 5 min. the credit was transferred to my AMEX Blue and the platinum account closed again.

I to have had fraudulent charges flagged very quickly by AMEX.

And I use only that credit company. If a merchant does not take AMEX I avoid it when I can and use my bank card as a VISA when I can't.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

2.1: The Labor Pool Problem
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement