Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I had miscellanous income of $1500.00 in 2000 which i donated fully to a not for profit organization.However,I received a 1099-mis.What are my options.I really don't think i should include this as income for the year since i donated the entire amount.Pls help

You are required to report the income and the government knows you received it because they received a copy of the 1099 as well. Please report that on your return.

You can also report your contribution on your return, assuming you can itemize.

Good luck,
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.