Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: milmeister Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 71115  
Subject: I HATE SATURN Date: 2/9/2002 2:01 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
The wife owns a '95 Saturn that was slow to start. So last week, we took it to the Saturn dealership in Plano, TX to be fixed. We were told it was the alternator and the battery coils and it would cost $450 to fix. So we got the work done. The next day, the car was still slow to start!! So we took it back to the dealership and were told that the starter needed replacing and it would cost us another $300!!!??? Saturn has no explanation for why the starter wasn't diagnosed last week, but insists that the alternator needed replacing and won't budge on the fact that they might have suggested repairs that were not necessary. We took our car to the dealership because we thought they were less likely to screw us, but I guess we were wrong. We were planning on buying another Saturn within the next two years, but needless to say, we feel burned by the dealership and will now buy either an Accord or a Camry, and suggest that you do the same.
Anyways, I just wanted to get that off my chest!!!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Beware Flood-Damaged Cars
Know what you are getting, don't get stuck with a Katrina victim. Check these links before you buy.
Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Kate Spade's Wild Ride
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement