Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: wallstreetplayer Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121144  
Subject: I have a few tax questions? Thanks Date: 12/13/2000 10:48 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I live in a state that has state income tax, and I am in the 28 % tax bracket. That being said I am aware I pay long term capital gains at 20 %, and short term capital gains at my normal tax bracket, 28 %.

My question is do I pay state taxes as well on short term gains, what about on long term gains?

Thanks for the helpful board,
WP
Print the post Back To Top
Author: JABoa Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42857 of 121144
Subject: Re: I have a few tax questions? Thanks Date: 12/13/2000 10:59 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
This varies from state to state. In Massachusetts, there is a sliding scale of excruciating complication, where taxes range from 5% of gains to 2%, depending on the length of time you have held. As I recall, in New York, it's just ordinary income.

Author: mplynch One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43533 of 121144
Subject: Re: I have a few tax questions? Thanks Date: 12/28/2000 1:32 AM
What state do you live in?

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement