Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
I have a lot of fun playing with my own portfolio...and happily reported to DH that it is now the highest it has ever been. I love tech stocks.( low 6 figures total but 30% in cash.)I had joined a housewives' investment club when I was young and even tho it closed, I kept doing my own thing.

I also do all the household bills the old fashioned way.

But "my" portfolio has nothing to do with our main assets. DH has carefully and always annually( over Christmas break) worked on our very detailed financial plan.He is not in the least interested in money but is just a responsible guy.

Apparently we may run out of money by the time he turns 97 and I will be 98. As I want to be sure to join the "90 Plus Club" here in the Old People's Home ( they do a lot of fun things) I can see I may have to up the income, go to the corner of Safeway and Valley Avenue and start selling my body again....Guys like experience right? Anyone in their late 70's has had a lot of "experience" so I'll probably do quite well.

Meanwhile I keep my little stocks for a future emergency, and we stick to DH's plan. I appreciate the way he goes over it carefully with me and trusts me with the bills.

Maryanne
P.S my mother believed inherited money was very bad for the character, so she did not leave it to her five kids, but donated it all to her favorite charities. In addition, she left us with 10 "foster children" that she had been supporting all over the world. I have always felt that was/is one of my favorite charities.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement