No. of Recommendations: 1
I have a related question. How do you adjust your withholding? I am single and take myself as a dependent. It is my understanding that to overstate the number of dependants in order to get more money back each month is illegal. I know of no other way to adjust my withholding downward (not surprisingly, the government makes it easy to adjust your withholding in the other direction).

Did you see my post 53127 on this board?? If you are single, you can most likley legally claim Single, 2 instead of single 0.

Print the post  


UGC Disclosure Notice Regarding Credit Card Posts
Community board discussions about credit cards are not provided or commissioned by banks who may have advertising relationships with The Motley Fool. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.