Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Crapshooter2 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3296  
Subject: Re: KEY-TSE What is this?? A Virgin! Date: 3/20/2000 9:30 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
I have a tax refund cheque coming to me and do not want to give it to my mutual fund guy and make only 10%. I would like to control more of my own financial future.

Whoa!!!There Virgin! Slow down just a few notches. Wanting to take control of your financial future is an excellent idea, but, you've got some reading to do. Luckily, you're in the right place for that!

I created the KEY-TSE screen based on what I learned on the Foolish Workshop and Mechanical Investing message boards. They are based on the theory that the stocks that have been beating the market ("strong relative strength"), tend to continue to outperform.

The following is a quote from the "Welcome to the Foolish Workshop":

While some of the screens developed here have been awesome performers in the recent past, the backtested histories of many of them are brief, or even nonexistent. So don't assume that because a growth screen is up some astounding percentage for the year that you should throw all of your money into it. If you are inclined to use one of these screens, either "as is" or as a source of stock ideas for further study, be sure you understand it, and its limitations. Remember always, "Past performance does not guarantee future performance." And for most of these screens, the past is very short.

I suggest you start by reading the rest of the above welcome message:

http://www.fool.com/Workshop/WorkshopData.htm

Next you should move on to the Workshop FAQ:

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?id=1030063001715000

There's plenty more to read, but these are a good place to start.

Crapshooter
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement