No. of Recommendations: 27
I have added 1,397 SI Pro field files to the GTR1 database at http://backtest.org/gtr1/2009 . They can be listed by running any backtest with

list:*.s

in the "Misc. Options" field. There should be enough SI Pro fields available to backtest any SI Pro screen (including short screens by negatively weighting them in blends).

I have excluded all SI Pro fields with field names PRICE*, all percent rank fields, and all valuation ratios that can be calculated from other per share data and the field function sprc. If there is any excluded SI Pro field you are accustomed to using with Keelix's backtester that you cannot figure out how to construct with GTR1 field functions, let me know.

Unfortunately, most of the sample SI Pro screen URLs at http://members.iinet.net.au/~rgeary/example.html that I spent well over a hundred hours constructing (including the time spent programming the field function pref) will not yet work on the 2009 database. This is because most of them assume the existence of the CPiT field files I used to extend SI Pro backtests to 1987 via pref.

In December of 2008, I concluded that the CPiT data that I received that year was corrupted somewhere along the way (Cash Flow Statement items are almost certainly all corrupt, but this casts doubt on the accuracy of Balance Sheet and Income Statement items as well). I will not be adding any CPiT field files to the 2009 and future databases until I get a fresh supply of the entire CPiT database. This will hopefully be happening shortly after the US's Labor Day of this year. Uncertainty about when I would get fresh CPiT data is one reason for the long delay in my updating the SI Pro data. I will not be letting that delay SI Pro data updates in the future, even though CPiT data (the grand prize of historical fundamental data in the world of backtesting) is very much worth the wait.

My next 2009 database update will be of WER data. I will hopefully get that done this weekend; otherwise, it will probably have to wait until September.

Robbie Geary
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement