No. of Recommendations: 0
I have an annuity currently valued at 100k. Better to leave it? Take it out an begin to manage portfolio like a fool? Can the entire amount be transferred to a tax-deferred account (ira)? or will I have to pay a tax/penalty for early withdrawal? Help!?

If you don't have a large surrender charge in the above annuity and you would like to transfer it to a Variable Annuity where you can choose the investment
portfolio, the IRS allows you to transfer the cash value of the annuity via 1035 Exchange. I like the Vanguard Variable Annuity. Vanguards annuity is no load, and no surrender charge. There is a $25.00 annual fee if the balance is below $25,000. Their expenses are very low too, compared to other Variable Annuities.

This Variable Annuity has an Equity Index Portfolio.

Here is the Web Site.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.