Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
I have an overpayment and want to have some of the money refunded to me and have some applied to next years taxes. I have gone through all the screens and cannot find a way to do this - its either get the whole amount refunded or apply the whole amount to next years taxes. If anyone is familiar with Complete Tax and knows how to do this please repond.

I've never heard of Complete Tax before, but I have one suggestion which may or may not work. Go to line 74 of the 1040 and right click. In most Windows-based programs this will give you a link to a supporting form. (For example, in TaxAct that line is fed by a 2010 Estimated Tax Worksheet.)

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.