No. of Recommendations: 0
I have another anecdotal channel check...I was at Philadelphia International Airport last week and I had a few hours before my flight. In the terminal, there was a food court with about 15 or so restaurants. The busiest by far were two sit down places where you could get a drink with dinner, and the busiest was an expensive and trendy restaurant (eg., $16 for a regular burger). It looked like every table and bar stool was taken, and there was a line waiting for a seat.

The other spots in the food court barely had any customers...except Chipotle! There must have been a line about 30 people long. It was moving fairly fast, but I opted for a burger at Smashburger. When I go to Philly, I want something greasy, fatty and unhealthy!

Ted
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
That certainly was a bad experience. I cannot say I have shared the same at my local Chipotle, and I've been visiting there weekly since before the food scare a couple years ago. I can say that the staffing has changed over time, and when there are mistakes, it is usually by a trainee and easily correctable. I have not had any problems with the quality of the food or the friendliness and helpfullness of the associates. I have also noticed that there seem to be longer lines and more people eating in the restaurant during my visits.

Fuskie
Who notes this is only anectdotal for one location but has been consistent over time...

-----
Ticker Guide for The Walt Disney Company (DIS), Orbital ATK (OA), Titan International (TWI), Time Warner (TWX), Global Payments (GPN)
Disclaimer: This post is non-professional and should not be construed as direct, individual or accurate advice
Disclosure: May own shares of some, many or all of the companies mentioned in this post (tinyurl.com/FuskieDisclosure)
Fool Code of Conduct: http://tinyurl.com/FoolCode
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have another anecdotal channel check...I was at Philadelphia International Airport last week and I had a few hours before my flight. In the terminal, there was a food court with about 15 or so restaurants. The busiest by far were two sit down places where you could get a drink with dinner, and the busiest was an expensive and trendy restaurant (eg., $16 for a regular burger). It looked like every table and bar stool was taken, and there was a line waiting for a seat.

The other spots in the food court barely had any customers...except Chipotle! There must have been a line about 30 people long. It was moving fairly fast, but I opted for a burger at Smashburger. When I go to Philly, I want something greasy, fatty and unhealthy!

Ted
Advertisement