Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: CaptainBoom One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 26  
Subject: Re: X-Rite looks strong Date: 11/20/2006 9:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have been an XRIT shareholder since about 1989. The early years were great, but the past many years have been disappointing. I was at the annual meeting in August, and met Vacchiano. Very outgoing, gregarious, intense individual. I was pleased to meet him. (I live about a half hour drive from the company.)

I have been fairly comfortable with the leadership provided by outgoing CEO Ferrara. The company had a number of years where it was having difficulty transitioning from the original founders to new leadership. Mr. Ferrara seems to have made that transition and positioned the company well for future growth. In a conversation with Mr. Ferrara after the meeting, he commented that the share price was probably being held down by some European mutual funds that were not allowed to hold American companies as a part of their portfolio. As a result, they were selling shares once Amazys was assimilated. He made the comment that he had just purchased 10,000 shares. It would have been nice to have had a bit more cash in my kitty, as the stock has since risen from the $8 range to the $11+ range it is in today.

I believe they are now indeed the 800 pound gorilla in the color management space. It will be interesting to see where they take the company from here. I have wondered myself if the company will become a Hidden Gem type of company.

Andy
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement