Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: bloodninja Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 5  
Subject: Re: Idaho General Mines Inc. Date: 9/12/2007 3:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have been following this one since about April. I bought @ $4.95 and have been adding to my position every chance I get more money. Molybdenum is used as an alloying agent because it has one of the highest densities and melting points of any metal. The name molybdenum itself means "like platinum."

About the potential buy-out, according to Google Finance, GMO employs 8 people. Obviously, this is a tiny operation which makes me think that they contract out a lot of their work. The Mt. Hope and Hall-Tenopah projects are not hteir only ones, this company has been around for 85 years so they've been doing mining elsewhere for a long time. Also, the company just relocated its headquarters from Spokane, Washington to Colorado. They've also opened up an office in Arizona to search for engineers and specialized professionals to come on board. Now yesterday they announce they will be merging with General Moly, Inc. which they started in Delaware. When the companies merge (pending shareholder approval on Oct 4) General Moly, Inc. will become the name and the company will officially be incorporated in Delaware.

Excuse my ignorance, I'm new, but what are the benefits of relocating in Delaware? I'm assuming there are more beneficial laws related to corporate financing? Also, do all of these moves seem to support or refute the idea of a buy out? The mine has a highly productive stage of ~20 years. If Mo. prices continue to climb (look at the price over the last 15 years) could it be more profitable for GMO to finance this project by issuing more shares and operate the mine(s) themselves? I know these are highly theoretical, just hoping for some ideas. Thanks.

-justin
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

My Big Fat Greek Splat
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement