Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: BruceBrown Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 8999  
Subject: Re: Speed Cart... Date: 6/19/2001 5:15 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
...I have been "carting" my bag for several years in our league (9 holes after work on Thursdays). I used to carry, but as I have gotten older, an old knee injury complains greatly if I carry the bag (the back isn't really that happy either). When I play on the weekends all my other buddies want to ride, so I do also, just to keep peace with the rest of the group.

I can relate to the body not performing the same tricks as it used to perform. It doesn't really bother me to carry my bag for 18 holes, but as I said, I've removed a few clubs from the 14 club limit to lighten my load (I carry 10 or 11 clubs - depending on the course). The courses here in Europe don't have drinking water out on the course and don't have beverage stands/carts or snack shops. So when you add a liter of water, an apple, a snack or two - those things add up to some extra weight in the bag. No riding carts in Europe either. It's a pure walking game here.

I still just have a relatively plain old Bag Boy cart, but I have been impressed with the KaddyStroller and the SpeedCart. I just wish the things weren't so darn expensive. I really like that the KaddyStroller has a "parking" brake and it also seems to keep the bag in more of an upright position, making it easier to locate clubs.

Yes, my previous post leads me to the parking brake attraction as well. However, Sun Mtn. seems to be on the right track to change that by this fall according to the representative I spoke with today.

Good luck in your pursuit of one of these, let us know how you like the one you choose...I would be interested in some feedback about either one of these

I'll let you know.

BB
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement