Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Saratovets Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 21975  
Subject: Re: SLR or not Date: 6/22/2006 8:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have been shooting digital cameras for about 8 years, upgrading to newer technology every couple of years. About a year ago, when my daughter started to motate I started missing 90% of my shots while the camera focused. I decided to get the fastest-focusing camera I could afford. That took me to the world of DSLRs. I settled on the Canon 20D.

In the years before the DSLR I had shot about 5k digital photos. In the less-than-a-year that I have owned the 20D I have shot 20k photos with it. There are several reasons for that. There is a huge sense of freedom that comes when you can pull the trigger and instantly capture the shot. At 5 frames per second the shots add up quickly. Also my usable shots percentage was hugely increased. And, I started getting so much more satisfaction from my photos that I started using the camera more often.

I look back at some of the photos that I took even a couple of years ago with digicams and I am amazed at how bad they are. (I used to think they wer good.) There is just no comparison to an SLR. Even though I would not consider myself a great photographer, I get rave reviews on the quality of my photos from coworkers and family. The truth is, the photos are average, but they are taken with an SLR.

It sounds like you already know how to use a real camera. With that out of the way, there is nothing that should hold you back from a truely satisfying experience with a DSLR. Once you experience that satifaction, you will have a hard time shooting with a lesser camera. You will get over the size and weight concern quickly when you see the results in your photos.

Good luck.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Online Photos
Yahoo! Groups
(Registration Required)
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Ubiquiti Analysis
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement