No. of Recommendations: 0
I have cookbooks on a single subject: coffee! I never realized until recently how much coming from R.I. factored into my fondness for coffee. Bill, you beat me out with your coffee cabinet recipe. It doesn't get much simpler or better tasting than that. My preference for coffee ice cream these days (when I'm not making my own) is Starbuck's Lowfat Latté = most definetly not lowfat tasting. Forget the fancy name, it's just good tasting coffee ice cream. Add some cream if you must make up for the lost calories. And SBruceD, hello again and thanks for the web address for autocrat! It's absolutely essential! I was going to recommend that one make a simple coffee syrup by simmering 1 cup double strength coffee with 1 cup sugar until reduced to about 1/2. Add 1+ tablespoons Kahlua for more flavor punch.
I have some intersting recipes for coffee shakes but they're not going to bring back memories of the Creamery. For those who love their iced coffee and can't get enough caffeine I give you:

Turkish Cola Float (adapted from The Complete Coffee Book)

2 cups chilled extra-strength coffee
1 pint rich coffee ice cream
2 cups cola
powdered Turkish grind coffee (optional)

Fill 4 glasses with 1/2 cup coffee. Scoop 1/2 cup ice cream into each glass and top with 1/2 cup cola. Sprinkle with the powdered coffee. Drink. Stay awake for 3 days.

Face,
already buzzing from my morning cupa.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement