UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (65) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1954915  
Subject: I HAVE LEUKEMIA .... NO BS, JUST FACT Date: 4/29/2013 6:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 10
I HAVE LEUKEMIA .... NO BS, JUST FACT

So from here on, when I speak of health insurance, treatment options and Obamacare, you can be sure it is truthful

I have private health insurance that costs @ 1700 per month

Yes, expensive, but no deductibles, no excessive copays. no BS from the insurance company.

It was discovered that I had Leukemia about two weeks.

So far, I have had

standard blood work (not knowing I had any problems)

A visit to my Neurologist (standard visit and I make sure all my physicians get a copy of any blood work I have done ... so he had the latest copy ordered by my Internist

Neurologist looked at the blood results and instructed me to go directly to the ER and tell them he will be contacting my Internist and they will be ordering me admitted immediately for transfusions.

My blood count was so low, I was admitted and was given 4 units of Blood. Tests and such extended my hospital stay to three days

Was released and next day went to have a bone marrow biopsy and Tests, Tests, Tests. Was scheduled for a follow up apt in 10 days to allow all the results to be finished.

Didnt make it but 4 days and flopped over in the yard, dizzy and confused

Another day in the hospital and more blood

Feel OK at the moment have a visit with the Oncologist on the 1st.

Yes, I pay $1700 per month for insurance ( and I am far from wealthy ,,, above broke, but no extra cash.)

With my $1700 policy, by bills so far for ER visits (2),Hospital stays (2), transfusions (2 Sets), tests (many) biopsy, all medications plus visits to Internist, Cardiologist, Neurologist and Oncologist in the past@ 2 weeks,

I believe I have paid $40 out of pocket for all those services. I made the sacrifice up front by scraping by to have the best coverage ... so .... $40.00 .... No deductibles, no maximums

My biggest fear .... Leukemia is a long dragged out procedure of chemotherapy, changes in approaches, medications, potential other hospital stays and blood transfusions, getting sick and under worst treatment, the long and dangerous procedure of Bone Marrow Transplant. ....... Obamacare starts in 2014 ..... can I be cured befor I am forced on to the untried, untested, unfunded system?

I will keep you updated, but I did not expect to be a guinea pig for Obamacare

Thanks all you liberals who delivered this mess to me.

Bears ... NO BS
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (65) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Brookfield Asset Management
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement