Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
I have listened to a talk from Kendall At Home and Laurel Lake in Hudson OH. I like the idea of a nursing service that will come to your home which Kendall does....for a hefty fee. Laurel Lake is supposedly now member owned. It was built in the mid 1980's and IMO long in the tooth. I think as long as you are living in one of these places with a spouse/parter it might be good. You have someone to look after your interests. Alone, you are living with a bunch of old people waiting to die. No thanks.

I think there are nursing services in my area that I've been told are very good. I have LT insurance, but very limited in payout per day. I guess something is better than nothing. I really need to be home where I am in the country, with my dogs. A long stay in a nursing home or even retirement home would probably kill me fast.

Birgit
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement