UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: sashamore Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3734  
Subject: i have missed all the segments Date: 7/29/2010 2:15 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
this season, and since i am home for a few days with a badly bashed knee, i am enoying catching up with this show, however, i dont have a
clue where i am.......last nite they were down to 3 or 4 chefs...the
guy who won might or might not have stolen someone's puree of peas.....
i missed most of the show since i was switching back and forth between
that and you think you have talent.........so what's the pea story,
and where am i, so i can catch up.....?and did he steal the puree?

thanks,
sasha
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Gordogato Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3701 of 3734
Subject: Re: i have missed all the segments Date: 7/29/2010 2:58 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
You can catch up quickly with the Wikipedia page for Top Chef Season 7:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Chef_%28season_7%29

The Pea story was that Ed (one of the runners-up) made an English Pea Puree during the prep time the day before and put it in the cooler. Alex (the bald/glasses guy who won) also bought peas at Whole Foods, but didn't decide what to do with them on prep day (and told other competitors as much the night between prep and the competition). Then at the final competition at The Palm, Alex suddenly had pea puree, and nobody saw him make it, and nobody thinks he even had time to make it. Meanwhile, Ed was frantically running around the kitchen trying to find his identical missing puree. Then, at Judge's Table, the guest judge specifically cited Alex's pea puree as a key to the winning dish while Ed fumed (but didn't say anything).

(Now, I've heard conspiracy stories that the producers may have edited the show to make it look like Alex is guilty of pea-theft to add drama to the series. Contestants from past seasons have complained that the show is edited to create the appearance of drama or conflict where there was none in actuality.)

Author: rharmelink Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3702 of 3734
Subject: Re: i have missed all the segments Date: 7/29/2010 3:05 PM
Colicchio's blog is always an interesting read on the shows:

http://www.bravotv.com/top-chef/blogs/tom-colicchio/the-peas...

But I have to agree 100% with the first comment on the blog entry:

"I think it's unconscionable for the producers to allow aspersions to be cast against Alex's integrity without supplying definitive proof one way or the other."

Author: kittykitty6 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3703 of 3734
Subject: Re: i have missed all the segments Date: 7/29/2010 8:27 PM
I just watched it today and I've been walking around mumbling: "Who stole my pea puree?"

Author: sashamore Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3704 of 3734
Subject: Re: i have missed all the segments Date: 7/30/2010 7:24 PM
thanks y'all.................

Author: Ezlington Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3705 of 3734
Subject: Re: i have missed all the segments Date: 7/31/2010 2:22 AM

sashamore

.oO British Invasion Oo.
Just a reminder that YOU are todays

.....> http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=28669770

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement