No. of Recommendations: 0
I have not looked at this board in years. Seems like nobody else is coming here either. I guess I can not relate. Turning 65 may do that to you. I remember all the old guys still listening to Elvis when I was listening to Dylan in 1965. Didn't get it. Now I hear whats new and I am still listening to Dylan. I am now the old guy.

Checked out some of your old posts. I have heard ST. Vincent with David Byrne who I like. Laughed at your comments on the Band. I won't go there. Can't say I like this band you are recommending but I never did like LZ either.

Now after many years of asking about new artists and where are the great ones I found one I like. I had heard of the White Stripes but head bangers were hard for me. Now I have gone back and found about a dozen of their songs I like. I only did that after hearing last years new Jack White album Blunderbuss. I must say I was totally blown away by this album and that is how these 12 White Stripes songs are to my liking. Watch JW on Austin City limits with his two different bands.

Anyway you and I very different musical tastes (I think) and wondered since you seem plugged in which I am not what you thought of JW? Anyway back to listening to the new Another Self Portrait. "What is this s**t?"

Print the post  

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.