UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: DorothyM Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 37033  
Subject: Re: Nagazines Date: 10/13/2000 1:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have one magazine subscription -- The New Yorker which I get at a special rate of $20/year. I read it on the subway but if there's a long interesting article which takes me many subway trips I don't dip into the next one before the subsequent one comes. I have a rule (which I don't always follow) that NYers older than 6 weeks are not allowed in the apartment. Out they go.

There are a few catalogues I depend on -- Lands End, Eddie Bauer, LL Bean. I like to look at the Pottery Barn catalogue, but don't buy anything since their outlet store moved to the suburbs.

I have a basket (catalogue sized) on the floor by the front door into which I drop all other catalogues (unread) -- when the stack reaches about 4 inches (it doesn't take long) I tie them up and put them out for recycling. I would rather not have the catalogues at all, but I try not to get involved in battles which I can't win.

I have an addiction to decorating books and magazines, but don't subscribe to any. However, I have a neighbor who's with an ad agency so he gets a lot of comp magazines (he also likes the decorating ones) so when I go to the trash room and find a stack, I simply can't resist dragging them into the house. I try (but don't always succeed) to look at the pretty pictures and get them out quickly.

I had an aunt who was a compulsive housekeeper. She made everybody (including herself) unhappy. But sometimes I wish I'd inherited just a wee bit of her compulsion.

>^..^<
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement