No. of Recommendations: 0
I have searched this board looking for someone to pose this question to. If you start a Roth IRA with a discount broker do you have to pay capital gains on the stocks you buy and sell? My instincts tell me no, but when I asked Ameritrade this question they told me to check with my tax lawyer. If I hire a tax lawyer that would cut into what I have to invest. Where could I go to find this info? Isn't the limit for contributions to a Roth $2000 per year of earned income? Thanks if you can help me.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.