UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 748779  
Subject: I have spent the past few hrs. on the phone Date: 1/25/2013 1:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
waiting....

First call was to the NRA and after I gave my membership number to the lady and repeating all the information back, she started in on a pitch for a lifetime membership. I told her heck no, I subscribed for 5 yrs.. How about you ask me why I called? Well, she backed up and then I proceeded to tell her that I am a gun owner and believe in gun rights and all and became a member but ever since then, I've been inundated with emails and phone calls and I don't want them and i don't want to receive their magazine through the mail either and would prefer the American Rifleman magazine online. I repeated myself over again and complained and though she apologized she did say let me switch you over to another members services line and she says I would have a little wait time because of the recent action on gun rights so I waited and waited and then, a woman got on the line by the name of Ann and I went through my problem. She was very nice and patient and I didn't lose my temper, and she removed my email, phone and regular mail from any more promotions and also the subscription was changed as well She was very apologetic for the frustration that all this caused me. I had told the first woman that if it couldn't be changed then I wanted to cancel my membership.

Praise the GardenBunny I hope Ann took care of everything like she said she did.

The other phone call was to the utility department where I found out that there was no record of anyone calling in to report a leak at the meter on Monday or Tuesday. Ack! The contractor's son told me he called....so either he's a liar or an idiot who doesn't know where I live and who to call. In any event, city is to come out Monday to look at the dang meter and fix it if they can or deem it their responsibility. I email the contractor to let him know about all this and to ask about the plumber. I was careful in my wording about his idiot son. I'll be curious as to what his response is.

My fear is and which I relayed to the contractor is that the City will say the contractor is responsible and then we have a back and forth on that. Ugh!

Now, it's 105, I'm starting to come out of my morning fog and I'm due another dose of caffeine before it gets to 130 and then I need to get the heck out of the house for cardio at gym and then go to Costco to pick up Sweetum's chemo pills. If I have jury duty next wk I wouldn't be able to get them. She gets 1 chemo pill on Tuesday and one on Friday and I'm all out after today's dose.

Ain't life grand? It's cold and I feel like a sloth, not wanting to move anymore than I have to.

LuckyDog
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

The Deflationary Cycle Explained
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement