UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: 2gifts Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 883714  
Subject: Re: Can't get satisfaction? Date: 12/27/2012 4:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
i have to say that I agree with RV in this regard. I do buy some stuff online, but the vast majority of what I buy is in a bricks-and-mortar store.

I sometimes buy things on eBay, shop at LL Bean, and buy things on Amazon, but generally speaking, only LL Bean has free shipping all the time. I can find some items that include shipping on eBay, and I can sometimes get free shipping on Amazon if I spend over $25 and I am buying directly from Amazon and not one of the merchants who charge separately for shipping.

As far as Christmas gifts, my preference is definitely bricks-and-mortar where returns are a whole lot easier, and I don't have to pay shipping to return something.

I realize that some folks just love online shopping and get everything that way, but there are a lot of us who don't find that to be our first preference.

I also generally enjoy shopping and browsing, and DD and I can kill an easy afternoon browsing around at the mall without ever buying anything simply because we enjoy it and enjoy doing it together.

For some people, shopping is a chore, and I'm not one of those.

I think there is room for both methods, and don't think one is necessarily better than another in all cases. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

But given a choice, I much prefer actually leaving the house to do my shopping.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement