Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 3
I have two daughters. I am a life member of two dog clubs. There are rescue organizations in my area. I also have a codicil in my will (which I need to update with more funds)for the care of the dogs. I am no longer breeding, all the girls are neutered. Two of the dogs are older, although corgis can live a long time. But I do not see getting accepted into a retirement home with five dogs.

If I did not have my daughters (and friends), I might have a totally different outlook about my safety and security.

This is the place by me:

There is another one a bit up north that is also upscale and expensive.

Can I be so forward to say that you’re 74 not 94? Those going off to retirement homes have lost faculties that enabled them to live in their own homes so count your present wealth in all those things you can do: bluntly, can you still chew a steak, keep the house up, remember to get kibble, note which plants need care, find some newspaper editorials as junky thinking, wake up in the morning with plans for the day, take the dogs for a walk, enjoy your own company sipping an aperitif while watching it snow outside, get my point?

Now, if you were old, I’d say think about an old-age home but just think about it – you aren’t one step away from packing it all in and toddling off to ‘everyone here exits feet first’. Or, another way, your most comfy chair still has a lot of miles on it. So do you.

Print the post  

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.