Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: TchrP Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 55778  
Subject: Re: The Great Pan Debate Date: 3/19/2005 10:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I haven't bought pans in sets for a long time, but that's because the sets never quite conform to what I think I need. (For example, I would probably want a 4-quart sauce pan.) And at this point I have enough good pans, mostly All-Clad, that I'm never looking for more than one pan at a time. However, if you need all the pans in a set, it will almost always be a better value than buying from open stock.

I like using nonstick fry pans for many things, and I have three or four different brands. (I have multiples of everything because my kitchen is kosher.) The one that I think is the best is a large Anolon pan that I bought from Amazon; it wasn't terrifically expensive, but it's a heavier pan than most of those with nonstick coatings. I've also gotten good service from two Farberware AluminAire pans, which are lighter and have a dimpled nonstick surface; they came from local discount stores.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Intel's Broadwell Potential
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement