Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: NajdorfSicilian Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 11153  
Subject: I hear there was a game in Coral Gables Date: 1/24/2013 3:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
last night. Anyone see it?

Worst destruction of a #1 team since UCLA in 1968?

Ike Turner called Miami to tell Larranaga to ease off?

'3. Miami May Be Very Good

It's true that 5-0 in the ACC might not mean much, and even a win over no. 1 Duke might not mean as much as you'd expect, but the Hurricanes have become an excellent defensive team (12th in the country in efficiency, per KenPom) with an abundance of seniors and a lightning-quick point guard in Shane Larkin, whose legs move so fast at full speed that I swear the footage is sped up, like those old clips of Babe Ruth on the basepaths. If there was a star last night, it was Larkin, whose 18 points, 10 rebounds, and 5 assists gave Miami the engine it needed to overrun the visitors.

Or maybe the star was Durand Scott, the senior guard who scored 25 points on 9-14 shooting and helped expose Duke's weak perimeter defense.
Or maybe it was Kenny Kadji, the 6-foot-11 senior who became the latest big man to outplay Mason Plumlee, scoring 22 points on an absurdly efficient 9-11 from the floor.

Or maybe it was Trey McKinney Jones, whose defense held Seth Curry to an 0-10 night and the fifth scoreless game of his career.'
Print the post Back To Top
Author: dsbrady Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11058 of 11153
Subject: Re: I hear there was a game in Coral Gables Date: 1/24/2013 4:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
There have been quite a few days and nights when I wish we still got ESPN (or its sister channels).

In retrospect, last night was not one of them.

dsbrady

Author: Cicciano Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11059 of 11153
Subject: Re: I hear there was a game in Coral Gables Date: 1/25/2013 6:54 AM
Miami had already come out of the Dean Smith Coliseum with a W. Despite some bizarre December losses, nobody can say that Miami is not looking great in January.

Just like last year, Duke without Ryan Kelly appears to be an entirely different team...

cicciano

Author: NajdorfSicilian Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11060 of 11153
Subject: Re: I hear there was a game in Coral Gables Date: 1/25/2013 11:21 AM
The only bizarre Dec loss was the 3rd game in Hawai'i to Indy St when they blew a 6-pt lead in the final 2 minutes to lose by 1 in OT, without Reggie Johnson. You could tell both teams were just exhausted after the trip and 3 games in 3 days out there. Uglyball.

Getting crushed by Arizona is something that can happen to any team in a holiday tourney. Again without Johnson.

Nobody is more shocked than I am at a 5-0 start getting zero FGs from Reggie thus far in ACC play.

Author: Cicciano Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11061 of 11153
Subject: Re: I hear there was a game in Coral Gables Date: 1/25/2013 2:59 PM
Yeah, I was thinking Fla Gulf Coast was in December, but the season starts so early now I keep forgetting that early season is now November (like, for instance, all of Duke's top-5 W's). That was a long time ago...for both teams!

I hope that Miami keeps this up--the ACC could use some more firepower...

cicciano

Author: NajdorfSicilian Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11062 of 11153
Subject: Re: I hear there was a game in Coral Gables Date: 1/25/2013 3:47 PM
Yeah, that was over 2 months ago now, and Durand Scott didn't play. without Scott if Larkin has a bad game...they're just not nearly as good.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement