Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: MikeInIndy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 81655  
Subject: I heart bacon Date: 9/28/2012 12:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
http://youtu.be/_tvx_CKB7uI

Work safe.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: JGBFool Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 77677 of 81655
Subject: Re: I heart bacon Date: 9/29/2012 2:25 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I'm glad you didn't post any of those "Not Safe For Work" bacon videos.

Author: NoIDAtAll Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 77678 of 81655
Subject: Re: I heart bacon Date: 9/29/2012 9:11 AM
Recommendations: 0
I'm glad you didn't post any of those "Not Safe For Work" bacon videos.

Bacon, the most beautiful thing on earth. Even the frying of bacon sounds like applause: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj7o2zj8oBo

There are so many ways to prepare bacon - You either fry it or you get Botulism.

Jim Gaffigan on Breakfast in Bed and Bacon:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/5029155/jim_gaffigan_bacon/

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 77679 of 81655
Subject: Re: I heart bacon Date: 9/29/2012 12:14 PM
I've never seen bacon like that. The stuff I see is not cooked. It is raw. Sliced, and stacked in a cascade fashion.

But it is still interesting to watch factories at work, and interesting where they do and don't need humans to assist/intervene.

Author: voelkels Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 77681 of 81655
Subject: Re: I heart bacon Date: 9/29/2012 1:40 PM
I've never seen bacon like that. The stuff I see is not cooked. It is raw. Sliced, and stacked in a cascade fashion.

Axe-u-lee, I have seen the pre-cooked bacon in some of the local stores but have never tried it, me. I also remembers buying slab bacon in Fairbanks, Alaska in the early 70s. You sliced it yourself and trimmed off the pork rind before frying or cookin it. The rind was also simmered to add flavor to your beans.
;-)

C.J.V. - and it didn’t need no refrigeration most of da year, no

Author: JGBFool Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 77689 of 81655
Subject: Re: I heart bacon Date: 9/30/2012 10:05 AM
There are so many ways to prepare bacon - You either fry it or you get Botulism.

I usually bake it in the oven, using parchment paper on the pan to make cleanup easier.
The results are reliable-- it's easy to make sure you don't overcook or undercook it.

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 77690 of 81655
Subject: Re: I heart bacon Date: 9/30/2012 1:10 PM
I don't do it often, but when I do I fry it. It renders the fat nicely that way, which can be used for flavor in other things. Not "healthy", but in moderation I think it's fine.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement