UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (27) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Tuni Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 66253  
Subject: Re: Quicken 2007 Grrrrrrrr Date: 1/28/2013 2:14 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I installed Windows XP & VmWare on my iMac for one purpose only - that was to use Quicken!! I too did not want to give up Quickenand I was using very old version, which I didn't update since I didn't need the on-line functions (I use my bank to pay bills)and I didn't want to spend the $.

As for complications - well, I'm not, in spite of years and years of using one, very computer-savy. I had to purchase Windows (as you have to do whether using VmWare or Parallels) and I had to purchase VmWare. I don't like the tech support from VmWare,mostly because I have a great deal of trouble understanding them - perhaps most of the tech are from India - that plus just the technical aspects of the program were hard to get set up for me, initially.

Since then, I've had no problems and its a lot easier to go from VmWare to the Apple programs than it would be in Parallels. I don't have to shut down and restart and I believe one has to do so with Parallels.

That being said, my old Quicken (2004 deluxe) is finally showing its age....just a bit buggy now and I've heard that Quicken for Mac is not that great a product. I didn't buy it for that reason....I' still using the windows version on the VmWare side of my machine - yes, you can use bot sides of the machine - the Mac side and the Windows side just working with the different
windows and not closing either of them. However, I have recently downloaded and installed (still on a 30 day trial) iBank onto my iMac. its not as sophisticated a Quicken, however, during this testing period, I have not found anything yet which would stop me from using it solely and in place of Quicken - right now I'm still having some difficulty understanding and learning a new software program, but I am making progress.

Hope this info is helpful to you....
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (27) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement