Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I just efiled my 2013 taxes, and completely forgot about the fact that I sold my condo in 2013. I sold at a loss, so there is no change to my tax liability but I know I'm supposed to include it as a transaction.

What's my best course of action?

If this was your personal residence which was never a rental or used in business or you got a 1099 for the sale you don't need to report it. If you do need to report it just file an amended return. No rush; it's already too late to change the amount of your refund.

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.