UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: sadalbari One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 52  
Subject: Re: Tax Lien Certificates Date: 8/31/2005 12:30 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I just recently attended The Millionaire Conference afterign getting an email from the David Bach mailing list. I had seen him before and enjoyed it, so I drove 2 hours away to attend this all day seminar. 4 of the 5 people who spoke were selling some kind of kit that all ranged in the thousands of dollars. David Bach was the only one not selling anything, in fact, he gave away a free copy of his book to everyone. Among the presentatons was the Tax Lien Certificate Program presented by Wayne Gray and co-sponsered/written by Saen Higgins. It was discounted from $4000+ to $1895 with a two week money back return policy.

I had been thinking a lot about tax liens since I feel like I keep hearing about it from various sources (like Robert Kiyosaki, Robert Allen, etc.) I hard read Loftis's book and another book as well. So I thought why not try it out. Worse thing that happens is I pay to ship it back to them (its $20 lbs but the post office website says its $10 by media mail) and I asked what the shipping requirements were from the company, they said anything that get it there.

I've now listened to all the CD's, 3 are the audio book to the enclosed book, 7 are Question and Answer sessions by Saen Higgins. There's a DVD and video is a 90 min version of their sales pitch which gives general information. There are four volumes (binders which a bunch of paper inside). 1) The book describing the basics 2) A list of contact information for every county in Tax lien states 3) A list of contact information for every county in Tax Deed states 4) Sample letters/forms you can use. Its currently being bid on Ebay for around $250. There's also a website, www.taxlienauthority.com, which has links for most county's websites. (You need a username and password to login.) The last thing is the hotline. I called the hotline twice so far. The same guy answered. He had been investing in tax liens for three years and did answer a lot of questions and was patient.

I think the value I would put on the kit itself is probably around $200, and that's being generous. The book (volume 1) didn't really say anything different than what Larry Loftis said in his book. Vol 2 and 3 ad some convience to life but is information that is publically available. Vol 4 is just like 10 letters max. The real value in this kit may be the hotline since it would be a connection to people who really do this and make money from it. I'm trying to figure out of that hotline is worth nearling $2K at the moment. I have another week or so to decide.

Anyway, that was a bit longer of a post then I meant to put up but hopefully someone finds it interesting to read. I'd love to hear anyone else's experience with all this.

Oh, and Saen Higgins, who does the Q&A CD's in the kit has his own website with his own program at http://gettaxliens.com. (no www) Kinda fishy how he's part of two programs.

Sadalbari
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Reestablishing the Middle Class
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement