Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I learned long ago that Wall St. is pretty much incapable of understanding Apple. It is beyond their ken that a company can exist successfully whose goal is not to make money. Apple's purpose is to make great stuff that makes people's lives better. Their management, in the tradition of SJ, understand that making money is necessary to enable that to continue. But it's not their goal, it's a byproduct of successfully making their customers happy.

That's because the morons of Wall Street think that profitability is not just a NECESSARY condition for success, it's a SUFFICIENT condition for success.

So the right response to the Wall St. morons in general is "bless your heart". For those of us who know the score, AAPL is long term free money.

Ya think? AAPL long ago paid back my cost basis. For all practical purposes, all the shares I own can be considered as having been handed to me without cost.

Churchy
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement