No. of Recommendations: 5
I like and admire Albaby1, but I am plumping

We all are, david. We all are.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
I think the Feste Award was finally allowed to die an overdue death due to a shrinking number of nominations and Fools who actually give a damn about it.
No. of Recommendations: 12
I think the Feste Award was finally allowed to die an overdue death due to a shrinking number of nominations and Fools who actually give a damn about it.

The Feste Award made sense when the Motley Fool was a disorganized street fair with a carnival atmosphere. Folks could wander in and stroll about, and the interesting ones could be trotted onto the public green and introduced to all, with all the amazement, amusement, or disdain that seemed appropriate.

When the Gardners joined the ranks of the Wise, the Fool became a collection of gated communities that eliminated strolling. Nominations were now tied to a rock and tossed over the wall, invariably saying something like "you don't know this guy (or gal) - and you never will - but trust me, he (or she) is really Feste-worthy."

Since anonymous rock throwing is neither safe nor fun, interest waned.

That, and Swimdad quit campaigning.
No. of Recommendations: 2
I like and admire Albaby1, but I am plumping for keeping the Feste going and plumping for Saul of Saul's Investing, where I happily lurk and learn and laugh.

Investing as a value creating, important, interesting and even fun activity has been passing through a long long winter, but it would be foolish to stop being Foolish. Saul epitomizes the emotional intelligence and grace that keeps me coming back and keeps me thinking.

Let's make it happen.

david fb
No. of Recommendations: 1
Plus Saul's board is on the public side and in fact anyone can still wander by and be entertained, amused, and above all enlightened.

David
No. of Recommendations: 5
I like and admire Albaby1, but I am plumping

We all are, david. We all are.
Advertisement