UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (25) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: havefunsaving Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 597  
Subject: Re: New Name? Date: 8/5/2008 12:39 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I like Foolingo or Foolidex.

I like Foolingo. I'm not wild about Flossary. (Sorry Dave!) It makes me think of flossing, dentists' drills, spitting in that little bowl, etc. Not exactly the best mind-picture for those of us who are dentist-phobes!

On the other hand, ones like fWiki, etc., conjure... ummm... well... less-than-savory things. (Think: Eddie Murphy's older routines crossed with Wikipedia.)

I think I like the "one-L" Foolingo better than two "L"'s. It has a bit of a visual ring to it.

I'm gonna see what I can come up with. I'm not the most creative person in the world, but I did help a friend by suggesting a slight tweaking to the sub-title of her book. She liked it and changed the title just before publishing. And I have the autographed copy with a note thanking me for the change to prove it! :o)

I briefly considered Foolia, but I'm not sure I really like that one. (I see Foolio has been suggested.) I was thinking it evoked a Latin feel (as in plural of Foolium), and used the ending of "pedia." But I'm guessing (hoping? praying?) there is something better out there that someone will come up with besides Flossary. (Or up with which someone will come. lol) No offense meant. It's just that I'm not wild about trips to the dentist.

Also, feel free to thoroughly trash anything I suggest. I won't take offense. After all, now is not the time to be bashful. Now is the time for all good Fools to be completely candid. Once it's out there as a done deal, well...

I'm still hoping Flossary can be improved upon. But if it becomes the nom by which it is known, I'll fully support it.

BTW... I'm honored to be having any input in this arena at all. Thanks for listening!

Best regards,
Kathie
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (25) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

2.1: The Labor Pool Problem
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement