UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: decath Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 753960  
Subject: Re: Rubin's take on debate Date: 10/12/2012 2:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
I like Rubin's final words:
In the closing rounds, Ryan spoke calmly, chiding the president for divisiveness and broken promises. Biden nearly comically told us he never said anything he didn’t mean. Ryan gave a classic closing statement, actually asking viewers for their votes. Biden whined about getting shortened on time. Raddatz must have been exhausted. Any audience members hanging on certainly were.

It was the most bizarre performance in any debate in my memory. Biden was so obnoxious, so over-the-top, that it is hard to see how independent voters, especially women, would find him tolerable, let alone effective. Arguing with the female moderate, jabbing his finger and constantly interrupting both Raddatz and Ryan, he came across like a bully.

Raddatz at times was unable to stand up to Biden’s bullying, but she hung in there, never losing her poise. She returned some of his jabs. She was a more active moderate, to be sure, than Jim Lehrer. But the debate was certainly lively, and she was exquisitely fair.

Losers: Biden; the aide who forgot to tell him there was a split screen; incivility.

Winners: Ryan; civility.

I almost fell out off my coach when Biden whined about Ryan getting 40 secs to his 15. Raddatz said "no he did not get 40".

Biden is a real piece of work. If Obama wins 2012, which I strongly doubt now after the last 2 debates, I seriously doubt Biden will win the dem primaries in 2016. The guy is toxic.

Liberals like to say Dan Quail was the dumbest VP and Dick Cheney the meanest. Well, I strongly disagree. But if it were true, both titles now belong to Biden. We already knew he was stupid. Now we know he is a total jerk.

decath
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Considerable Headwinds for Profire Energy?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement