Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: blesto Big red star, 1000 posts Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 137  
Subject: Re: November's El Dorados Date: 11/20/2011 10:41 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I like that 'Corporate Eldorado' thing you got going.
But why a 1% dividend yield? Why not 2% or more?
It seems to me that the companies that pass the other metrics with a higher dividend yield may just be suffering from market sentiment dropping their share price.
Wouldn't that possibly signal a good time to get in on that particular stock?

Also when looking at SCCO they have a positive 5yr avg div, but a negative 5yr growth rate. Shouldn't that knock them off your list?

Now I didn' go through the entire list. I just went through the ones in the article. The ones that intrigued me the most were PG and JCI, each with more than a 10% 5yr div growth rate.
And this is just my gut talking, but PG with the better current yield than JCI might be the better buy at this particular time in the market.

Anyway, I just now have caught up with your board and look forward to the developement of your portfolio. I've seen you here and there on the Fool but I was recently surfing through different message boards and came across 'The Short Bus'! Ha, ha! I still have more than 2000 posts to read through before I'm ever caught up with that board.
When I looked you up, I said "Geez! TMFOrangeblood has a Rising Star port!" and I thought I should check it out more closely.

Best,
blesto
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Kate Spade's Wild Ride
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement