No. of Recommendations: 0
I like the idea of renting out the house entirely, if you can stand to commit to living with your parents for at least a year. But you have to find out if you can rent it for the amount of the mortgage, if not more, and what the tax breaks will be for you, plus I would recommend perhaps talking to a property management company in your area. They could tell you the going rates for your type house in your area, and they can be hired to rent and/or manage the property for you. It might be worth the fee to avoid the hassles. I would get information independently about the local and state laws regarding tenant/landlord laws and regulations.
Can you run your business from your parents house for a year or so till you are more firmly established?
Print the post  


UGC Disclosure Notice Regarding Credit Card Posts
Community board discussions about credit cards are not provided or commissioned by banks who may have advertising relationships with The Motley Fool. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.